Whenever there is a new beginning, a special occasion or holiday, singles can be affected by the stigma of their status. How many times have you heard someone say one of the following, “I don’t want to be single on Christmas/New Year/Valentine’s Day/the beginning of Summer, etc?” The list could go on and the time of the year really doesn’t matter.
The truth of the matter is that if you are single right now, you should embrace this time. Each phase of life is meant to teach us lessons and allow us to grow enough to be ready for the next phase. Some phases have to be repeated because we miss some important lesson or fail to grow. Many times the root cause of this is because we are too busy trying to move on to the next stage because we only see our current place as one resulting from failure or lack. Instead, we should embrace each phase of our lives, even if it means we are nursing a broken heart or getting to know ourselves or our creator more. We should learn to grow in this moment, even when our Facebook status remains at single.
Here are 10 quotes to help you embrace where you are if you were single in 2014 with no prospects for 2015. Your time as a single really is the best time to get to know you and to prepare for THE ONE.
1. My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude. Warsan Shire
2.When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings. Elizabeth Gilbert
3. I like being single, I’m always there when I need me. Art Leo
4. Discover why you’re important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn’t completely agree. Fisher Amelie
5. I don’t like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone. Delta Burke
6. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something. Elizabeth Gilbert
7. Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand. Anonymous
9. Single is no longer a lack of options – but a choice. A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day Happily and let your Ever After work itself out. Mandy Hale
10. Next time you hit a speed bump otherwise known as the age-old question “Why are you still single?” look ’em in the eye and say: “Because I’m too fabulous to settle. Mandy Hale
11.Think about it this way: While being married is about becoming the WIFE you are meant to be, being single allows you to focus on becoming the WOMAN you were born to be. Mandy Hale
12. Being single isn’t bad. What is bad is giving up hope on finding that someone special. Author Unknown
13. A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her. Maya Angelou
14. Why waste your time crying for a man who left you when the one who God intended for you may only recognize you by your smile. Diathe Garnes
15. Being single doesn’t mean you know nothing about love. Sometimes being solo is wiser than being in a false relationship. Author Unknown
Image courtesy of [photokanok] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net